With her new box of Ipsy makeup, Youtuber ‘@HaleyyBaley’ transforms herself into Angelina Jolie. The reference photo she uses is Angelina’s portrayal of Maleficent, a mythically gorgeous villain.
Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
The Siren Eye is the pivotal imagery here and it’s a fantastic look to recreate. Who doesn’t dream of being an all-powerful and beautiful being?!
In her witty video below, Haley transforms into the mythological seductress!
@haleyybaylee Replying to @yarnae_banarnae Did I actually succeed at turning myself into Angelina Jolie?! 😎 Thanks @ipsy for sending me the right products and helping me on this one #IpsyPartner ♬ Love You So - The King Khan & BBQ Show
The Siren Eye differs from the Smokey Eye because it’s more elongated. The lines are thinner and longer, and very little liner or eyeshadow is applied to the center of the lid.
To duplicate the Siren Eye look, Ipsy Makeup artists suggest a liner that “smudges and sets”. Keep it thin and “…focus on creating a sideways “V” shape”.
Check out this Youtube tutorial by Christen Dominique that shows exactly how to get this fabulous look on your own.
An important tip from Maybelline; “Keep the area above your pupil free from any eyeliner...The key to Siren Eyes is to elongate the look of eyes.”
Siren Eye application is surprisingly easy! It’s easy to recreate this look with just eyeliner, some dark and light shadow, and a tube of lengthening mascara!
Peep this quick and easy written tutorial with the basic steps in this gorgeous and penetrating look:
Step By Step Tutorial
- Create a line from the top corner of the eye to a little beyond the crease, and smudge.
- Create another line along the bottom of the eye, starting 1/4 of the way in, and extending past the corner of the eye to the same spot as the first line. Keep the line clean and straight to create the ‘wing’.
- Feather a thin line of dark grey or taupe shadow along the top of the eye from the inside corner of the eye to the end of the wing.
- On the inside corner of the eye, outline a thin line 1/3 of the way up the lid.
- Add a thin, soft line of shadow below the eye, starting from the inner corner to the end of the wing.
- Add a pale, highlighting shadow to the center of the lid and blend softly.
- Top with lengthening mascara.
Want more celebrity fashion news? Give us a follow on Facebook!
Don't miss this uplifting message from Selena Gomez: “I Am Perfect The Way I Am” – Selena Gomez Reminds Us That The Body Positivity Movement Is Here To Stay